1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

motor mounts

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Super Digger, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Super Digger

Super Digger Junior Member

I have a 76 3/4 ton 4X4 chevy that had a small block 350, I am now trying to put a 454 big block. Is there a difference in the mounts on the motor between small and big block? or between 2wd & 4wd?

Thanks, Don:drinkup:

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

I haven't done that particular swap,but I have done a lot of other GM's.Most all use the same motor mount,the rubber insulated one,and it bolts to the front cross member.It may bolt into a different location though,as there are several bolt holes in the crossmember.The engine side,or bucket,is most likely different for the big blocks.It would pay to take a look at another truck with a big block if you can find one,to determine who holes the mounts bolt into on the crossmember.

I also don't believe there is any difference from 2WD to 4WD.

3. Super Digger

Super Digger Junior Member

Thanks, for the reply wyldman, everyone I talk to say that there is no difference between small block & big block mounts and between 2 & 4 Wheel drive. I am not sure what to do next..:(

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Do you really need the big block ? what about just warming up the small block ?

If you have the mount buckets off the 454,you should be OK.I'd give it a shot.Worse case senario,you may have to get a new set of mounts,they are dirt cheap,i'd probably put new ones in anyways.