1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Motor keeps running when plow is up

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by booty, Dec 17, 2008.

1. booty

booty Junior Member
    from ohio

I have a 28 series V-plow and I'm having intermittent problems with the plow motor keeps running when the plow is all the way up. When I lift the plow and let off the toggle switch, sometimes the plow will keep going up. Sometimes when the plow is all the way up, the motor is still running:confused:
    Can someone help me. Can it be the toggle switch, or the solenoid?
    Is there a way to check either one, without just replacing parts.
    Thanks for your help
  2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I would find a wiring and hydraulic diagram for your plow and keep it in the truck all the time, from that it makes troubleshooting easier.
  3. booty

booty Junior Member
    from ohio

Ive got one, but it shows the solenoid and rocker switch run the same line. Need to figure out how to test these, if they are the problem
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Solenoid is the most likely culprit
  5. booty

booty Junior Member
    from ohio

Thats what I was thinking, but not sure. Gonna try it and see. Thanks for the help. Gotta get it done, looks like were gonna get hit with more snow tonight:D