1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Most Driveways in a Storm

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dmjr77, Mar 3, 2005.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Who has done the most driveways in a storm? This past storm (03/01/2005) I did 80 driveways. A freind of mine who works for another plowing contractor who runs 7 trucks called me asked me if I could help out since they were down 2 drivers. I plowed 30 driveways with there truck. We started plowing at noon time on Tuesday, I plowed to 10 pm, took the truck back to the base got in my truck and went out and worked on my driveways until 5am wednesday morning. It made for a interesting day

2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I, did 22 this last storm and hated everyone i prefer to do commercial lots and did 25 of those, well we (my three trucks) did the 25 lots

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe 65-70 when we get a super big storm, Ill have to dig up all my "records" that I keep to see what the most i ever did in a storm was. Tons of people call me looking to be plowed, friends come out of nowhere in big storms. I am more then happy with my 37 regulars, I will not under any circumstances, commit to any more regualrs. I do others as they call and as I please. I sub on occasion for a landscaping company that is up the street from me, mainly pushing back parking spaces as cars leave. The extra work comes in big storms and only when all my regualrs are completely clean and all are happy they get first priortity, they pay me good money and I have earned their trust. My regulars are great. I will sub when ever i can if needed, and as time allows; especially this winter.

4. drplow

drplow Senior Member

on dec. third 2003, i plowed over a hundred driveways. did my contracts twice and many more others. plowed for 26 1/2 straight.

5. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I only did one. But it happens to be 48 acres large. :rolleyes: I do the local mall. We use 1 -5 yarder with 1oft plow, 4 pickups, two skidloaders, 2 loader with 14 ft pushers.Thats enough windshield time for all of us. :eek:

6. Mark F

Mark F Senior Member

I know this guy up here he has about 93. He does them all every day it snows more than two inchs. It takes him 18 hours.
    I have two left,wish't I had none.

7. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

The most I ever did with my pickup was 45 driveways, and that took me 3 days!