1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moror Works But Pump Doesnt??? HELP

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by baron766, Dec 29, 2012.

1. baron766

baron766 Junior Member

I replaced the motor which for sure needed done but now the pump does nothing. When I try to lift the plow or move it side to side with the controller the motor will make noise but it seams like it is not sucking in any fluid or something. The fluid is topped off and I put new seals in the pump because I had to use a torch to heat the bearing off. Could the heat have destroyed the pump? I took it apart and everything was turning and looked clean. Please help.

Thanks,

2. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Possibly a stuck valve? so you have 2 open and its just cycling fluid in a big loop but theres no resistance from a closed valve on one end for it to actually do anything.

3. baron766

baron766 Junior Member

I actually figured it out. There is a small dime sixed piece 3/4 of an inch long that connects the motor to the pump. The motor has a male connection and the pump has a female; however both are connected with this dime size diameter 3/4 inch long piece. This piece was put in wrong meaning that there was no connection. Thus, the moror would turn but it would not turn anything because the motor was not connected. This happened because I took everything apart and this piece must have fallen out of place while putting the pump screws back on. Don't make this mistake. Make sure everything is in pmace and check to see that the gears are turning before you put the pump together. Otherwise its a 2 hour mistake for a slow poke like me.

4. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

rear or side view mirror ?:confused:

5. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Haha I was thinking the same. Must be some big mirrors to need a hydraulic motor to turn them.