1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More wiring questions

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by sabres07, Oct 9, 2008.

1. sabres07

sabres07 Senior Member
    from buffalo

How do you connect the positive and negative cables from sloenoid and main harness to the battery in an 2005 Chevy? First of all there is hardly any room between the battery and fuse box. Secondly, the plastic heads on the OEM cables are in the way? I tried a longer battery bolt, but then I could not tighten it enough (cable was loose) Any hints?

Next question...I am trying to replace a bulb in my turn signal on my plow. The screw that holds the plastic back piece is rusted and stripped. Any ideas how to get it out?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It is a little snug in there with the side post terminals. You just need to use a set of terminal spacers and the longer attaching bolts. These will allow you to sandwich all original and added cable together. They're available at most any auto part store. Here's a couple pics of the lead spacers and extended terminal bolts.

Only solution to the rusted/stripped light screws is to drill the heads off in order to disassemble the light and work at them with some vise grips.