1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

more visible- yellow or orange

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by scott60, Dec 3, 2013.

1. scott60

scott60 Junior Member
    from ohio

Any opinions on yellow driveway stakes. I normally use orange but found a good deal on some yellow stakes. I'm not sure if they'll be as visible in the day time. They both have reflective tape on top so nighttime visibility should be the same. Anyone prefer yellow and why

2. Mister Plow

Mister Plow Senior Member

All I know is that if I'm very dehydrated, my orange pee is a lot more visible in the snow than my normal yellow pee.

3. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I prefer orange over yellow. It stands out better against the snow. At night the reflective markings on both will give the same effect. Really it comes down to what you like and if you can see the yellow good enough.

4. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I 2nd or 3rd for the orange. Heck, I even upgraded to the orange thick fisher contractor plow markers!

5. toyotaboy

toyotaboy Member
    from DE

i use orange with no reflective tape where they tend to disappear from certain places and i bought blue with reflective tape to be a little different was the same price for any color at that time plus blue matches my truck color

6. Toy where did you buy yours from

7. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I use blue with reflective tape because no one else does in my area. For the areas where kids and adults steal them I put vasoline on the top 2 feet. They don't get stolen. It works! I just have to remember to grab them low in the spring.

8. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

hmmmm, very true, good observation

great tip, can I use ky as a substitute? ;)

9. toyotaboy

toyotaboy Member
    from DE

R&R i got mine from discount snow stakes out of MA a couple years back they were the best price i found at the time i was ordering and offered the blue like they say the more you order the cheaper it gets hope it helps and have a great season this year and happy holidays to all

10. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

Great I also went with blue ones this year cause no one around me uses them.

11. toyotaboy

toyotaboy Member
    from DE

if i m in ohio i will know where the properties u take care of by your stakes little easier 4 me personally
    to pick up on the color