1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More tranny headaches..

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Crazy_Eddie, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Crazy_Eddie

Crazy_Eddie Member

Aamco seems to be clueless.. they got the folowing code and don't know how to fix it..

Code 67: Torque Coverter quad drive circuit

The tech @ Aamco recommended that I take the truck to a Chevy dealer and have them check it out. The tech seems to think it's a problem with my computer...?

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

That would indicate a problem within the TC control circuit.The quad driver is in the PCM,and is used to control the circuit.If it senses a problem it will set the code.The code is not usually due to a problem directly with the quad driver,but more in the circuit(s) that is controlling.If voltage or currect draw are exceded,then the module shuts down,and sets a code.

If the Ammco guy has a decent scanner,there should be some troubleshooting available for him to continue the diagnosis.I highly doubt it's the computer.

3. Crazy_Eddie

Crazy_Eddie Member

When I first dropped my truck off they were upset because their $7k scanner wasn't working. At that point he took the truck for a spin and guessed it was a shift solenoid.
    After getting the code the tech said he checked "a cable" to make sure all of the pinouts were right and that there was continuity for each wire. He said he couldn't find any problem with any of the connections..
    I need to find a dealership with a good tech or else I think it's going to get expensive..

BTW, when I bought my truck it had a K&N air cleaner and a TB spacer in it. I'm wondering if the prior owner put a performance chip in it and if he did, would that cause a problem if the chip went bad...?
    I should check that out..

Thanks for any input.. If you guys need any help with an IP network, let me know.. :)