1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More than I thought

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 08F3506.4L, Jan 22, 2008.

1. 08F3506.4L

08F3506.4L Member

Well we picked up a few accounts this year that get salt and we thought it would go just fine with our 800lb. Boss tailgate salter for these as well... I do all the salting and I am sick of dealing with all the bags. I put down 5350 lbs. per night. Thats 107 bags and I am sick of it. So whats the best V box spreader? Also I really do not know the best way to store bulk we have a barn but dont really want it in their. Any ideas?

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We use to pile it on pavement and just tarped it, with skids holding it down. My dad started doing it that way in the early 70's and it worked very well.
  3. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I was in your boat this year also. I just built a 5' high wall around a corner of my lot to store the salt. I attached a tarp to it on the back and hold the front down with logs. I highly recommend the salt dogg 2 yarders!:waving: