1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More Snow!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by landman, Feb 23, 2003.

1. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

Just curious to see if anybody has heard the forcast for this week? I heard that we were supposed to get another signifigant snowfall on Thursday, (10" to 12")

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

I KNOW THEIR CALLING FOR SOMETHING BUT THEY DONT KNOW WHAT. YOU CANT TRUST WEATHER PEOPLE ANTWAY

CARDOCTOR

LET IT SNOW:waving:

3. Or is it , "You can't trust the weather"

4. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

I heard we might be gettin significant snowfall for thursday.
    HOPEFULLY

5. JThompson

JThompson Member
    from NYC

I heard possibly 6-8 inches. Depends upon the temps.

6. JThompson

JThompson Member
    from NYC

Hey Landman,

Where in NJ are you?

7. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

I have not heard that but, man oh man, what a good winter it has been to start plowing... Keep this thread going about what you hear with the weather...!!!

8. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

If we can manage to get some cold air in here, that event will be juicy & have the potential to lay down some nice snow totals around here. As of now, forecasts are for snow at night & rain during daytime hours as temps rise, so accumulations would be kept down in that situation. Cross those fingers & do those snow dances!!

9. drobson

drobson Senior Member

For the Boston area I'm hearing snow changing over to ice and sleet on Friday, doesn't sound too promising.

10. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

I heard we might get something but it's too early in the week to know for sure. I know we had some snow melt from the rain and 40° temperatures but I don't think it helped too many of my "where do I put the snow" accounts. We'll see what we get.

-Tim

11. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

i just heard 4-6 thurs nite/fri in central nj/ nyc

12. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

I heard snow thursday night into friday morning thats all i know, forget about totals this early, it's still aleast 3 days away and they can't even get the totals right DURING the storm. I'd like 7" but I'll take whatever we get. I hope it gets snowing all month. I wouldn't mind not starting landscape untill May, I'm realy enjoying this winter.

13. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

OH Boy.....Hannibal NY got 4 inches this AM. I knew if
    I took off my plow it would snow again ! ......geo

14. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

Yea haven't heard any snow totals yet, but they sad we could see some snow. Been doing a lot of salting lately, real bad last night. Well I guess we will have to see.

15. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I agree its toodarn early for snow amounts

All the weather guessers around here are saying "possibility of a significant storm, but its too early to know for sure...."

Lets wait until wednesday and see if anything changes

16. JThompson

JThompson Member
    from NYC

Now I'm hearing 6-12.

17. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

WAKE UP GUYS.............Central NYs got 4 inches of
    white gold out there this AM.......Coffees on, rig is
    warming up ! Love gettin paid per push ! Hope
    ALL of you got some !.......................geo

18. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Thanks to all who prayed for snow for me! :waving:

3/24/03 we got a BIG 2" for the third plowing event for the year!

Got to use my new F 350 with the Boss V Plow.

Both truck and plow worked GREAT!!

Rick

19. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Hey Rooster, Let's not jump ahead like that, that's a whole month of potential snow you might miss out on ;)

Congrats on finally getting to use the new equipment!

Well it sounds like the cold air will be in place around here. Now we have to hope for the storm to take the more northerly of the projected tracks to get a decent snow. Of course, our PS members from Delaware, Maryland Virginia area will be hoping against us, because that northerly track would put them below the rain\snow line. Sorry guys, I hate to route against anyone....
    :p

20. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

BRL it may even be too far south for maryland to get a plowable event. Im looking at some models and it looks like it may stay south of DC in Va:( but we will have to wait and see. we spent today pushing back piles and fixing stuff so we're ready