1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

more snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chefdrp, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Chefdrp

Chefdrp Member

This is what i woke up to today.there is about 5 inches and there calling for 3-5 more and its wet heavy stuff

Picture.jpg

2. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

Same here in Ohio. Have the plow off for the year. I hope I don't get calls from customers. This was my first year and I shut it down the end of March. Suppose to rain later and be 60 degrees on Wed..
    Not sure what I'll do if someone calls. I guess if it's an emergency, I might rig her up again.

3. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

it will only take 5 min to put the plow on

:eek: --------------------

4. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 Senior Member

looks like one more chance for money makin
    payup

5. friedlerpest

friedlerpest Junior Member

It's official, this has been the snowiest winter in NE Ohio on record. 105.3 inches as of 10 pm last night. Went out to push some drifts around, still extremely windy. Steady 15 mph gusting to 50+ mph. Late season snows are usually not big $$ cause it melts faster than you can get to it.

6. Buckeye Chuck

I ended up reloading the truck and digging out the plowl, had it buried. I'm glad I got out and made some cash, now that I'm in. I put the plow away last week forgetting I wanted to use it to turn up a small garden. I wont make this mistake next year.

7. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

hey guys you did not sent any snow down here was waiting all nite (LOL)..... :waving: :waving:

8. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

Must be nice, calling for 70's here today!

Don't let mommy Nature hear ya complain, or you might just get an "easy" one next year.

Jeff

9. Buckeye Chuck

Have one or two drives to do this afternoon but I think it safe to say winter is really over now. Suppose to hit 70 Wed. and we are going to still have this stuff to look at.

10. norrod

norrod Senior Member

Got about 4" - 5" in western Pittsburgh. Ambient temp ws 32, and ground temp was about right where I didn't need to drop plow on my customers. Blacktop melted it down quick enough.

I see Erie got 12". my wife was stranded in Western NY (Jamestown) when they closed down the west end of I-86 for a while.

11. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I plowed the whole route once, and commercial stuff twice. Good money but very hard on equipment. Heavy wet slop.

Today it is well above freezing again and it is melting quick.

12. Buckeye Chuck

Yeah, I'm about 30 minutes west of Erie. We got it pretty good.

13. Chefdrp

Chefdrp Member

NORROD- Thats basicly right where i live. It was bad up here.

14. norrod

norrod Senior Member

My brother said he got 33" in Mayville up on "Snowridge".

I grew up there in Frewsburg.