1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More snow predicted for Georgia than us

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Brian Young, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I'm moving,lol the Weather Channel has just predicted more snow for Georgia and southern areas of the U.S. than us in the upper Great Lakes. Stupid jet stream!

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Much of the blame can go to El Nino. El Nino pattern usually sends the Northern Jet southward. Also the Sub Tropical Jet moves upward. The cold air meets the warn wet Sub tropical jet which equals lots of snow and ice for the South and North East/mid atlantic with Nor Easters. Powerful storms in California, Texas etc
    All depends on how strong the El Nino is. Right now, the south is getting flooding rains every 10 days. Throw in some cold weather...........La Nina brought 3 years of drought to the south

3. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

If they do get more I'll bet they will need alot of sub's down there. There is probly only 1 or two plows in the whole state...

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

And that's a very long trip, I did it this past April to pick up our new trailer. If I remember right it took about 16, maybe 18 hours with stops.

5. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Yep, it's 8 hours from here to Atlanta, but all the money we'd make would worth while.. I can see all the plows and stuff on trailers headed south.. That would awsome.