1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More snow in the forecast....vote here.......

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FIREMAN, Mar 7, 2001.

1. FIREMAN

FIREMAN Member

O.K.....since the "professional" weathermen/women fudged the "Storm of the century" lets all guess what Thursday nights weather will hold for us in the northeast...I've read 1-3 inches...I wonder...what do you think????

P.S. I know it's hard to determine what mother natures whims are, but how many jobs can you have where being wrong and costing millions of people and businesses millions of dollars is just let go???? I for one am thinking of becoming a meteorologist and hanging up the plow.....lol

2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

This is for my area (north of Toronto)....

OK, here goes: I'm going to "guess" around 6" or so this weekend. The forecast was pretty open ended, "snow showers" up until Mar 12, with "snow" for Friday. Figuring at least 1 "plowable event".

3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Ok guys. the weather people just predicted the wrong locations for snow totals.

We got 18-24" up my way. On saturday we were only going to get 2".

Now they say another 6 to 8 for saturday.

Geoff

4. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Okay... since you guys refuse to share, I'm putting a curse on you!

SUNNY AND 70!!!!!!

-Tim

5. Redmowers

Redmowers Junior Member

Up in Northetn NY we got 24" to 36" not including drifts and 6"-10" coming for the weekend.

6. DanG

DanG Senior Member

All I know is looking out the window right now it's snowing like crazy. about an inch an hour They say from 6-10 here by saturday morning.

Dan

7. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

I'm forecasting 1" to 24" for your area. It's a safe bet.

8. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 Member

iowastorm, thats about how the local weather reports are around here. lol

Kraco_1

9. Redmowers

Redmowers Junior Member

DanG
    It was sunny up here in Plattsburgh but now it is starting to cloud over.I would guess your storm is heading our way .Its now 12:30 nothing yet ,how much ya got so far?

10. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

4-8 inches expected here and its snowing really hard right now. so i bet we get 3 ft.

11. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

Now, my forecast for that area is 1' to 24'.

12. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

No "plowable event" this weekend....

Well, looks like I "guessed" wrong. Never needed to fire up the truck at all this weekend. Maybe there's a career for me in weather prediction......

13. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

LOL
    Midwest & upper midwest should get some later this week. Hopefully that will move toward the Northeast & cover a whole lot of area.