1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More snow hauling

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Peterbilt, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

We have been Hauling snow for the last week now.

We added higher sides to all our dump trucks we now can haul 2 to 3 times more snow. Hopefully you guys will be gentle about hauling with the Toners. lol

At one of my accounts we can haul all the snow to a steep drop off right off one of the parking lots. We dump on top and shove it over the edge, My ASV PT80 works well for this job. It just floats right on top of the loose snow allowing me to shove it out as far as I need to.

Pics are of early in the night, we are sitting on about 8 to 10ft of snow (Fill) when we quit we were on 15 to 20ft.

J.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  2. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I also added a new 8ft Berlon snow bucket for snow loading. My operator picked up this large chunck of snow and had to get a pick of it. He then dropped it so he wouldn't break the sides off the trucks.

I also picked up a new to me 03 F350 4x4. We then added higher side and put it to work.

J.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

the first pics are dark...Nice Volvo!

4. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

It would have been nice to do this one in the daylight just for the pics, But since this lot is totally full of bad drivers we had to go at night.

Just squint your eyes a bit, you'll see what we are up to. lol

J.

5. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pics and equipment. That's a huge chunk of snow!

6. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

To be honest, I think I like hauling and moving snow on property better than doing the actual plowing. No huge rush, makes life that much easier when you do have to plow, and it really feels like you are getting something done

Looks good

7. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I have to agree. But I do feel rushed when we do things like this. I am a bit High strung.

J.

8. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

looks like fun, nice equipment!

9. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Nice, seems like the asv really came in handy. that dump looks clean!

10. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Thats great! We have the same F350 only a ' 05. We put 5 ft side on an 11 ft box and figure we're movin 10-12 yds at a time. Load mine w/ a skidloader-much faster than a comparable endloader. Got a snow bucket for it. Man does that take a beating when your breaking loose frozen down ice/snow!

11. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I loaded a few loads with the skid loader, I found it to be faster but messier. And you are right, loading Ice SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was the first time we ever used the new F350, it did real good. It will haul alot of snow.

J.

12. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I installed some tall sides like that on my cab over "temporarily." That was over 2 years ago. You can really haul quite a bit with them.

13. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

SWEET Setup

nice AVS