1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More sidewalks then parking lot....need help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by turbo5560, Sep 21, 2009.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

So i have this parking lot that is about 70,000 sq. ft.... which i don't think would take too long, but then there is about 14,000 sq ft. of sidewalk around the building that has to be blown for a fire exit. Never really messed with sidewalks like this. How long would it take to do? It is about 2500 linear feet, and most walks are 5 foot wide. I think i would get smaller toro single stage blower as i think they are faster.... but any imput would be great!
    Also some pricing ideas for that would be good. trigger is 1"
  2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

What about a skid with box and 5 foot snowblower... one person would be dedicated there (hooking up the blower for the sidewalks then the box for the lot) but I think it would be the most economical way to do the lot without seeing the actual lot
  3. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

well the problem with that is that i'd have about $10,000 rapped up into a blower and sidsteer and not have ever plowed yet. It's one thing if it's a yearly priced contract, but in years past they have done it by the hour. The lady told me that they have one price per hour for plowing and blowing. But i'm almost positive they plowed the lot with a truck and the snowblowed the sidewalks with smaller machines...
    It wouldn't take much more than an hour to plow the lot, but not sure what to think about the sidewalks. I don't think plowing and blowing should be the same rate...
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Is it a real simple layout to the lot? It's almost two acres.
  5. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

yes... a long entrance and two parking areas... both of witch can be windrowed to a side.... i figure the parking lot could be done in about an hour after i do it a few times...