1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

more rusted oilpans

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 84deisel, Dec 27, 2006.

1. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

Well since it has not snowed for a while here and I needed some work to do we decided to replace two more oil pans that were starting to leak.I finnally got the first one ready to reinstall today.After the oilpan it also needed both exhaust manifolds,egr tube, and the crossover pipe for the air system and a new dipstick tube.Then we noticed the trans pan was also rusted out as well as the neg battery cable and the front axel is starting to crack.:realmad: :gunsfiring: ford and their rust resistant trucks(94 f150 5.8) .Time to check the rest of the fleet .
  2. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

on my old jeep I had to replace things all the time, brake lines, tranny lines, oil pan, etc..
    You are driving the trucks in the worst possible enviroment, or course its going to rust.
  3. BobC

BobC Senior Member

With the harsh conditions they are operated under and noticing the age of your listed equipment they can't last forever. Also from the age it looks like most are not used all the time. Let something sit around and rusting process is acelerated.
  4. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Fluid Film it! Fluid Film could last a year protecting your equipment from rust!
  5. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone else notice...

Along with the oil pans anyone else notice how Ford Radiator supports seem to rot off the truck???? I've had two, a Ranger and a F350 both just fall apart...The rest of the truck was nice just the lower radiator support was junk...
  6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

That's funny I just did all but the oil pan on my Truck! It was brand new when I bought the truck and the core support..
    I enjoyed the hell out of getting the bolts out of the exhaust manifolds!
    It was done before, because a lug nut was used as a spacer on the last bolt on the passenger side.
    The manifolds,bolt kit and EGR pipe were easy to find, the dip stick tube took awhile.
    I replaced the ENTIRE exhaust a year ago so that was not an issue.
    I rebuilt the front axle a year ago and it's fine, rust but no cracks.
    Now if it just would snow !
  7. jdanforth

jdanforth Member
    from maine

i just did allthat on a 93 f250, isnt that a stupid set on the oil pan?? I also did exhaust manifold,broke every one.put the pb blaster to them heat em and get them out with a pair of vice grips.its always somthing:realmad:
  8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Exhaust manifolds:
    I had to take my air cut off to 2 bolts. The rest I just drove a 12mm impact socket on to the rusted glob and out they came. Some I used a small pipe wrench I bought at the DOLLAR STORE the best buck I ever spent.