1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More Red on Red

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Waterboss, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Waterboss

Waterboss Member

Here's my '02 GMC Dmax with my new to me Boss 8' Super Duty. Got it from a guy with an 02 Silverado, so it was a relatively easy swap considering I've never installed one before. Gave it fresh paint on the lightbar, but it will all get a fresh coat after this season. I plow for the village DPW (Ford L9000's, an International, a couple of Sterlings). This is my personal plow for my house, a nieghbor and my Dad's place. Shoes will stay on till the gravel part of my driveway freezes up. No wieght in the back in these pics. With weight (640lbs) it drops 1". T-bars (GL's) are cranked 41/2 turns, no timbrens. Cooper ATR's on the front and Bridgestone Duelers on the back, all are 245/75/16 E. Just using a single rotator up top wired to the factory plow package dash switch- keeping it simple - but it's not on the truck in the pics. Can't wait to push with it! Hope everyone gets all the snow they want!

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

looks real sexy man, gotta love the red on red, we just put a boss on our red dodge and it matches great.
  3. Waterboss

Waterboss Member

Thanks for the compliment! Not having fresh paint is making me nuts, but it'll be real pretty come this time next year!:)
  4. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Looks great,I like that gmc body style and grill.Almost bought one myself.
    Hope we all get loads of snow this year.payup

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

yeah we bought a used one as well the front faded a bit. so i know the feeling.
  6. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

nice looking truck man !!!!:D
  7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

A red GMC looks really nice with that Boss!!, I like 02 front ends the best.
  8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

now that plow just belongs on that truck

BETHELSKIER Senior Member

Red on Red

Good luck with it. The BOSS is a strong plow.
  10. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

looks good. enjoy the boss
  11. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looking good.
  12. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

That plow looks so good on that truck that it kinda ticks me off. j/k The plow lights and paint match the truck well. :thumbsup:

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Awesome truck man! I am looking for one just like that for my dads red 03 gmc. (BTW anybody know where I might find one?) Are you going to replace the cutting edge next year? you can easily get another season out of that if it is just your 3 little drives. AWESOME TRUCK!!!!!
  14. Waterboss

Waterboss Member

Thanks guys! Yep, I'll do a new cutting edge next year to go with fresh paint. I was thnking about it for this year, but for my purposes I think I should make it through. Good thing is though I can pull it in the shop at work to change it mid - winter if I need to. :D
  15. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Fits like a glove and looks darn good!
  16. GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth Junior Member

Very nice truck !!!! I am partial to red on red. How are the 2500 Dmax's? I will need to upgrade soon.tymusic
  17. Waterboss

Waterboss Member

I've been really happy with my truck overall. I bought it used (1 year old) and it runs great. No diesel problems. It pulls my racecar and everything including the kitchen sink to the track (very hilly roads, 3 to 10 hour drives) like there's no tomorrow. I have had problems with the brakes - corrosion, speed sensors - corrosion, and considering that I'm pretty slim and tall, I don't think the non-leather vertical side of the driver side seat should be craking apart. It only has about 58,000 on it. Great truck though - it'll drag a house down the road. Depending on what kind of driving I'm doing I get 13-19 MPG.
  18. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Looks sweet. Red on Red does look awesome.
  19. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Sweet looking truck.
  20. wishingtoplow

wishingtoplow Member
    from Pa

That is one nice looking duramax you have there. I hope to one day own a truck that looks as good as that does.