1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

more rain for ct

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by vipereng2, Jan 22, 2006.

1. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

just about time to right off this winter ground hog day is about 2 weeks away

2. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

this winter has crushed me fincially: ..yet another rain storm for the north shore, and coastal areas of mass...40 miles west of us 3-6, for Monday, nothing for us...proubly the 10th or 12th storm in a row down the drain, im not putting the plows on anymore in addvace of these storm's...im about to take the lights off the trucks and put the plows in the garage, even though there is another 2 months left...im pissed....:angry:

3. makplow

makplow Senior Member

I am with you Porter. Do as you suggested, maybe you will bring better luck upon us all!!!!!!!!!!!! :nod: :yow!:

4. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

You have to be very flexable with Mother Nature. She is always very unperdictable. The whole world is messed up these days.

5. massbowtie

massbowtie Member

never depend on the money

ive plowed for 20 plus years and never expected to make anything any year.
    up until 3 years ago i always had a full time gig and plowing was great extra money.now that i only have plowing as an income i need the money but still dont depend on it,its way too unpredictable.now if you want a better chance at making money in the winters you should be sanding and salting.something i keep saying im going to do and might finally do it for next year(hoping).figure theres going to be alot of equipment for sale come springtime.we had a few good years so im not surprised by this mild season.theres always next year.hang in there its still not over

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

What station do you listen to? The whole state except for the immediate coast is forecasted to get 2-4. Northern hills 4-7. Tonight into Monday late morning.

7. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

It will start late around 5am and they say it will be all rain by 10am

8. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

you dont need ot tell me to be flexible with mother nature..i knwo this alread,y i used to be a commcerial bluefin tuna fishiherman for 6 years...i know how weather can affect you.....

9. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

dont loose any sleep over this storm its all in your head maybe 1 inch thats it
    start around 5 am and tyrn to heavy rain by 10 am and u say 4 to 7 inches of snow thats 1 inch per hr thats heavy snow not going to happen and then how can u plow when its going to melt by the rain

10. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

4 to 7 for the nw corner. the northern counties have a winter weather advisory for 2 to 5 before a changeover to rain. Shore mostly rain.

11. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

if it snows around 4 am and we get 2" by 6 am I will be plowing people have to go to work and will see what happens after that

12. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Dont want to jinx anything, but the updated forecast looks more optimistic. 3-6 with a change to sleet/snow mix. Im plowing, people have to get to work. If it's melted by the time they get home...oh well

13. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

If its snowing and theres a inch on the ground im plowing i need the money lmmfao be safe out there

14. PLANET

PLANET Member

Started here @ 3am as all snow. LET IT SNOW

15. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

Hey Planet how much do you have now...

16. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Snow

Started snowing here around 5 AM ... 4"-6" is what they are calling for around here!

17. KHB

KHB Member

Time to install a 9' squeegee :cry:

18. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

between 1" and 2"

19. snobeast

snobeast Junior Member

Out at 3:30

Went out at 3:30am back in at 11:00am
    Thank God for Commercial accounts took a pic of the Fleet I use and posted it in the Pix area

hope ya'll got some pushin in of your own

20. dubeb31

dubeb31 Member

we got a solid 8" here in the worcester hills...