1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More questions: un even cutting Edges

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Sno4U, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Well I had the question about my cutting edges on my MVP wearing funny, below (center worn) and got around to really looking at it yesterday. Well I'm gonna need to fix the brackets that hold the little rubber swiper pad that goes between the blade 1/2's because the edges wore down so far, I'm gonna need 2 new edges and i'm gonna need 2 new shoes(1 is missing completely and the other the stub is left).
    My questions are
    #1. Can I buy western floats from any plow parts section that will be the same as the v plow floats or are standard floats different?
    #2. Can i buy the new style cutting edges that the tips are bent inward and thus eliminate the need for the rubber swiper pad that goes between the blade 1/2's?
  2. KeeblerBP

KeeblerBP Member

I don't know about your first question, but I was told by a western dealer that the plows are different and the new cutting edges won't fit on the older style MVP.

I just bought a western v on ebay. I don't know much about them but I was wondering if they leave a trail of snow when the blade is straight or angled. It looks like the snow would just go beside the rubber piece thats mounted in the center. Have you had any problems like this?
  3. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

The blade does do a really clean job of plowing as long as the rubber pad is in place and not tore off like mine did. I guess since posting this I did do some more research and have found out that once stuck w/ the old system there is no updating. They changed the bolt holes in the newer cutting edges. So, I'll be fabbing some new brackets, replacing bolts and buying shoes and edges. I may possibbly buy steel stock and just cut & drill my own new edges.