1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More questions about wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SDlawndawg, Oct 9, 2002.

1. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

After reading several threads about wings I still have a couple questions. Almost all of my accounts are short driveways, but I do plow a couple roads that are a half mile long. If I have wings on, how does the snow roll off the blade to the side? Do I have to remove the right-side wing? Does it flip out to the side and then flip back with the aid of a spring?

When I back-blade from a garage door, (which I do at almost every job) am I going to have problems getting the blade close to the door?

Wings sound like a great idea especially for my plow which is only 7'6". Any input would be apreciated. :help:

2. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

I'm not quite sure which wings you are referring to, turkey or pro-wings. I put a set of pro-wings on my plow last year and although I only had a few chances to use them, they will be staying on. All of my accounts are drives. One being about 1/4 mile long and one lane, about 1/2 mile long

With the blade angled to the side you want to throw to, there was no problem rolling the snow off to the side. I also have a 7.6 plow, but with the wings on (9.6), well lets just say it's a beautiful thing. The wings are angled in some, so yes this will keep you a few inches away from the garage door, but I think my plow back dragged alot better wth the extra weight

As I said before, last winter sucked so I didn't get but a few chances to put them to the test. They passed all round. They will be on the plow again this year. Good luck & welcome to the forum

Mark

3. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

Thanks HandyHaver.

I'm not sure what wings I'm gonna buy. Probably whatever is most durable.