1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

more profitable.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rmartin, Aug 5, 2004.

1. rmartin

rmartin Member
    from mass

well its only august but i cant wait to slap on the fisher this year. Tired of the lawns by now. What do you find more profitable? Your own accounts of driveways, Comm lots, or subbing out for 75 per hour and not worring about the hassle of customers calling you asking."when you comming"

2. gpin

gpin Senior Member

Commercial lots most profitable, 75 an hour next, driveways last. I do my direct neighbors for free and then the others on the street complain when I charge them. Also, most driveways are a pain, you have to backdrag, turn around, ugh. Then the homeowner comes out complaining of disk damage, you shovel the walk and then they never pay you. The only driveways I do are the one where the owner pays cash on the spot. The desperation for a passable driveway is forgotten when it melts and they feel that you have robbed them when you bill eom. Much happier to pay you during the occurance.

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I do 37 driveways and 1 small parking lot, driveways are a PITA dealing with the people but i make enough money off them.

4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

commercial lots, I dont sub for less then $125 a hour, screw driveways, hell I pay the kid 3 houses down to shovel mine

5. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i would agree that commercial is the most profitable. IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING but 75.00 an hour is very good for subbing. around here a sub with a strait blade will get 45.00 an hour. if you have not plowed commercial before i would recommend you do subbing for another company for a year or two