1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

more problems...

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by mulcahy mowing, Mar 1, 2008.

1. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

My blizzard speedwing is having more problems

while I was out plowing one of my lots I noticed it was slow to raise so i'm like low on fluid? checked the level and I have fluid thats fine then I notice that it wont raise at all when angled to the left. at this point I'm almost done with my last lot so I finnish up stop the truck and raise the plow and my truck stalls out..ok now I'm pissed I can hear something running and thought it was my starter killing the batteries?? but no its the pump on my plow so i turn off the power to the plow...still running so i disconnect it tie it up and limp home...anyone ever have this problem? what should i do?

please help!

2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

If your solenoid under the hood melted together, the motor is going to run all the time. Take a test lite, with the plow unplugged, and see if both large terminals have power all the time. With plow not running, only 1 big terminal should have power all the time, the one coming from the battery. The brown w/white little wire should only have power when you move the controller. If it has power all the time, something in your controller is telling solonoid to stay on. If little wires or posts have no power, but both big posts do, solenoid is melted internally and causing contact. Change it out and you'll be good to go. If not, you got a wire in your harness or under the black motor cover feeding your motor. Good Luck. JOHN

3. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

Also be sure to check all the grounds as this seems to be a problem with the motor running all the time. Check the truck connector, the plow ground connector, the ground strap and the battery connector.

4. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Exactly. My plow did this quite a few times this year. After many attempts to fix , it was a bad ground on my truck. Between the battery and frame.

5. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

ok i will check this all out

thanks so much!

6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Make sure the plow harness is grounded right to the battery, not another ground on the truck also.