1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More problems

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BRANDON'S93, Mar 9, 2006.

1. BRANDON'S93

BRANDON'S93 Member

Hey everybody, It's me again. I got my e-47 working swell and dandy for a few minutes. I thought I was out of the water so I moved my truck to hook up my blade, then i tried it again. Well Go figure the motor sounded like it was dry heaving and dying. Fluid started coming out the crossover relief valve. The valve is new pump has new seals I just don't know what could be wrong now. It worked 3 minutes prior. Any idea's? Please help

2. Greg Aquila

Greg Aquila Member

Your first problem is you bought a meyer !! Well i was going to tell you to replace the seals in the pump but you did that all ready !! the only that i would do buy a brand new motor or just take it back to the dealer and have them look at it . (how old is the plow)

3. Whip

Whip Member

Bad seal in the crossover valve or it was apart and reassembled improperly-which isn't hard to do as they are difficult-especially on the truck.

4. BRANDON'S93

BRANDON'S93 Member

The plow is not under warranty. I'm 99.9 % sure i assembled it right. I had it on the bench and a nice clear diagram to go by. It did work but not when i tried it the second time. Errrr I'm about ready to put a load of buck shot into it. I think I'm going to try and find somebody local to take a look at it for me. I'm sick of the hassle. Thanks.

5. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Meyer Pump Repair

If you can't find a local Meyer Dealer, send it to me. I'll fix it for you. We'll work something out. I'm getting pumps from all over to repair and rebuild.

6. BRANDON'S93

BRANDON'S93 Member

Thank you for the generous offer ibelee I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully it's something simple I can figure out before I ship it somewhere but push comes to shove and I might have to take that in mind. How much do you charge for a average rebuild? It has all new seals, solenoids, and other PM things. It's probably something very simple and that's exactly why I missed it.

7. Better a Meyer than a western pile of JUNK Got Meyer??wesport

8. sefh

sefh Senior Member

9. BRANDON'S93

BRANDON'S93 Member

Yes I did everything by the book. I guess I will have to back track and see if there are any mistakes or faulty parts and what have you.