1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More pricing questions

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by jonw440, Nov 28, 2003.

1. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

I am going to look at a residential driveway this morning. It is and uphill (about 90' then flat on top/ Big parking on top next to house.(30'x30'). I was reading all the pricing ideas but I have one problem I work a swing shift. I cant charge for different depths of snow because I might not be available. Couldn't't I just charge say $40.00 for each visit regardless of depth?
    Say 10" I plow before I go to work at say 4" Then when I come home and finish the other 6 for another $40?
    Or plow all 10" one time for $40.00?
    Some days or nights I would be home but........

2. jonw440

I would worry about the 4" snow fall and get it plowed before I went to work. $40 bucks.

Then, when I got out of work, 4"-6" snow, again plow and another $40 bucks.

Never ever wait for the end of the snow event!!!! You could get more than you can handle. You said "uphill".

Have it in writing (contract) that exact stipulation. (Blizzard clause) You have to keep up to the storm no matter what!

Just stating from experience. Good luck.

3. imasnowpro

imasnowpro Member

I agree with Bob V. If you wait until the snow stops flying you'll end up with dissatisfied customers who might hire someone else to do your job. That leads to lost $, no referrals and a bad rep. Maximixe your income by doing it twice.