1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More Power

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 90plow, Jun 5, 2002.

1. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I was wondering how I could get more power out of my GM 305c.i.
    V-8. I have a flowmax muffler on it now and i dont want it to be much louder than it is so headers are kinda out of the question. What would you guys suggest? I was thinking maybe a performance ignition from MSD or someone how much do they cost and how much power will it acctually add, a noticeable amount??? Tell me what you have done or think i should do.
    Thanks in advance
    Eric

2. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

How bout trying K&N air filter. Seemed to give my Ford a little more power for about $50.

Just a thought
    Mark K

3. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

did you buy the whole kit or just the filter element? the whole system for my truck is like 250 with the plastic to eliminate the snorkel.

4. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

I just replaced the stock paper filter. Guess i should have investigated to see if they also made that kit for my truck.

Good luck with your choice
    Mark K

5. 1500HD

1500HD Junior Member

Headers won't make it louder, (the muffler controls that) and they will help. A good cam, high flow throttle body/injectors, performance heads, higher compression, HiPo GM crate engines are great power for relatively low cash plus they have warranties.... all depends on how far you want to go. Pick a $ number you're comfortable with.