1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More Picks of Truck & Back Blade

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Richard123, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Richard123

Richard123 Member
    from CT

Foil was fabricated from a Fisher plow.

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

2. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

Can you post more pics of the back drag blade? Did you just take a cutting edge and trim it down height wise? I've been looking for some ideas for my blade (Boss 7.6 w/trip) but found that the springs get in the way. That look like it would be fairly in expensive to add. Thanks Michael

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

thats almost something like i was thinking of making up. does the hook slide up the spring shaft at all?

also whered you find that snow to plow?

4. Richard123

Richard123 Member
    from CT

Will take more today….Snow coming Friday!!!!!
    The back drag blade is made from an old cutting edge off of a state truck. The only cutting that has to be done know matter what you mount it to will always be the length. As for the back drag blade on the trip edge, this took some figuring. The way you see it in the pic, it will clear the frame when tripped and will ride up the strut during an extreme trip. It took a good amount of time to figure out how to make it work with the trip edge but it was actually easer then any other one that I have made. The things to remember….never make the drag blade have a permanent height. I have seen some like that on other threads. Once it wears down, that’s it. When it is free floating it will last till it wears to the bolts.

5. Richard123

Richard123 Member
    from CT

Yes ... when you trip the edge to its fullest extent it will ride up the spring shaft. I have tested it when I built it and had the trip all the way back and the drag blade rode up perfectly.

6. Richard123

Richard123 Member
    from CT

The snow was last week on Tuesday. Two inches and then it rained for six hours....all was gone after that but we still got to earn prior to the rain coming!!!!

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

it looks like when backdragging it might ride up the shaft if theres alot of snow behind it. i guess not?

8. Richard123

Richard123 Member
    from CT

When in reverse, the drag blade is stuck against the spring shaft cleat. It can't ride up unless the edge is tripped.