1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

more lift question's

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 86gmc, Dec 13, 2005.

1. 86gmc

86gmc Junior Member

this is my first post in here. i have a 86 gmc full size jimmy. i am going to do a 4 inch lift. i need to change the front spring's anyway. any problem's i should look for? i will be doing frt spring's and rear block's. along with pitman arm that come's with kit. thank's.

2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Make sure your front brake lines have plenty of reach. Lifts usually come with an extension. Nows a good time to pull the frontend apart and do the balljoints and frontaxle u-joints.

3. mikes plowing

mikes plowing Member
    from cent pa

I hope you have a lot of time on your hands. I did a 4in lift on my 87 blazer. We hand to cut the front spring bolts. They were froze in the bushings. Like Detroitdan said Good time to replace the ball joints and u-joints. I'll see if I can get pic of mine and post them for you.

4. mikes plowing

mikes plowing Member
    from cent pa

for some reasion I can't fig out how to post the pic. But there is one in lifted k5.

5. 86gmc

86gmc Junior Member

i saw that pic before i posted this thread, but thanks , i went back and looked at it again.i put 32-1150-15 tire's on it the other day, it will look better after lift kit.