1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More important than having a dealer close by.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bolts Indus., Aug 17, 2004.

1. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

A snowplow contactor that takes on a good size account/client list
    should have number one, a back up truck/plow or at the very least a back up plow. Even if a dealer is close nothing says he will allways have the part when you need it or is because of demand at the time temporarily out of stock. Second it is more likely you will have truck problems than plow problems. Can you say you will get immediate repairs to your truck at 3 A.M.? I am a dealer and contractor and would not feel comfortable on my accounts if I didn't have a back up truck. Most larger contractors never sell their first plow when they buy a new one but keep the old for back up. Get a older low price beater for back up. Or joint share a second back up rig with someone else. Then you can select your plow by quality and features instead of just because he is close. The single close dealer knows it and prices accordingly for parts and service. You can never take on large jobs with one truck to rely on and the client will fire you the first time you are down for a lengthy period of time.