1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by M&M, Dec 24, 2012.

1. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Went to hook up my extreme v with the threat of snow tonight (Christmas Eve) and all I get is a blinking red light on my joystick. Plow just started it's 4th season. Never had an issue with the plow. Serviced every season. I plowed with it last week with no problems.

I never activated the security guard feature and this plow has only been on my truck and this joystick. I never put another plow on my truck or joystick. I do not think it is the security guard feature but I'm open to suggestions.

I read via the search button that it might be a plowside control modual. Are ther any other suggestions as it will be virturally impossible to get a new modual on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day.

Any help will be appreciated!

Aren't the holidays great?!?!
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Could also be the controller. They are known to go bad
  3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

X2 on the controller. Hope you have a friend with one that you can try out.
  4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

It's not the controller, it's the connection. unplug the grill connector, re position it, and make sure it's clean and greased, re plug and make sure it re seats all the way. This is the power / control harness I'm speaking of.

Unplug the controller plug in under the dash as well, and re plug it. If this doesn't work, under the hood, there are 2 square weatherpak connectors (small, 4 position, black in color) where the control harness plugs into the power harness (battery), and again at the light harness...make sure these are plugged in tightly. This should correct your issue. Short of that, your security lock has been activated.
  5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Just in case if none of this works, (which I'm fairly confident it's just the grill connector) take the cover off the plow's pump, check where the harness plugs into the ISO module, plow side fuses, and connectors for power & ground posts. I doubt it'll get to that though, 99.9% of the time, it's the grill connector.
  6. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Been busy with all the snow up here in NH but here's an update.

I tried all suggestions with no luck. Brought it to my dealer. Basically the controller, truck side power wire harness, control module and the selonoid on the back side of the headgear were all "bad".

It seems that the selonoid was fried first then back fed everything else. Not sure howit got fried maybe the controller was stuck on while I was driving but the selonoid was melted slightly. Not much but apparently enough.

$800 later and I was back on the road. Technician said he never saw thus happen before and can't wait to tell the fisher rep. At least it snowed a bunch.