1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More Ford problems

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snoluvr, Feb 8, 2005.

1. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Well, picked up my '03 F-250 superduty at the dealer Friday. New Sway bar, bushings, end links..And many other problems. Now the front end noise is back, over every bump and frost heeve. Sounds like sway bar is falling off. Also, when turning the wheel, even when parked the front left wheel is squeeling like metal on metal.With the brake applied you cannot even turn the wheel. Who Knows at this point. Can anyone make a truck that can last more than 2 years???!!!!! Anyone hear of this noise??
  2. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Sounds like the mechanic at your dealer sucks. We have a 03 F-350 XL at work( boss's personal truck) and it's never had any problems for him. He's goin on about 30,000 miles on it. It seems everyone is having Ford problems. We also have a 02 Superduty, 01 Superduty, 97 Superduty, and a 97 Dump and none have had any problems this whole winter. The only problem trucks have been the Dodges. I personalyl have a 99 Superduty Stroker and over the 15,000 miles Ive put on it, it's only needed a water pump, new rear brakes, and oil changes. It's a daily driver truck too with over 185,000 on it.
  3. jjdonovan

jjdonovan Member

Check FORD DIESEL.com

I think that is the web site..if not do a search under POWERSTROKE, FORD TRUCK FORUM etc.
    See if there are and TSB for that year and make ford on the front end. Did you do a car search for the VIN on the truck before you bought it.you have to pay a small fee,(20-25$) it can tell you history of the truck since new.
    Just my 2 cents worth.
    Best of luck,