1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More Feedback on Boss VXT VS Dogg VX or VMD Please

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Deebee7, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Deebee7

Deebee7 Junior Member

I have to purchase this week and still can't decide between Boss VXT or Snowdogg. Both are new, and I've researched both for a long time. Externally Snowdogg is a little harder to hook up, is stainless, and has a thin metal motor cover, double act cylinders. Trip edge VS moldboard etc. Both, and I hate to say this but its true, power control motors are made in China. Which one should I get and why. I service 30 to 50 people per event, residential and commercial both.

Thanks again guys
  2. JT SNOW

JT SNOW Member

If the Boss dealer is decent....Go with Boss.....Hell, if the Boss dealer is terrible...Go with Boss.....:drinkup:
  3. Deebee7

Deebee7 Junior Member

Is this truth or are ya just proudly bias from using them for a long time?

I'm ducking now so throw...

Any examples on why not to?
  4. JT SNOW

JT SNOW Member

Don't use Boss Plows............I'm a Fisher Lover.....But have had Boss plows in the past...They are a Very Well built plow with a network of dealers to support the product....Good Luck with your purchase...:salute:
  5. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

I bought a used steel boss V 2 years ago. Changed the oil, had a line get blocked (unhooked and blew it out). And have done absolutely nothing else but make money with it. Can't say that about any of my other Plows.