1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More CT storm videos/pics

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by 04f250fisher, Feb 20, 2013.

1. 04f250fisher

04f250fisher Senior Member

Here are some during and after pics and videos. First one is a town truck being pulled out.

GOPR0010.jpg

480729_847150167557_1715288870_n.jpg

2. 04f250fisher

3. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

4. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

5. 04f250fisher

Got the job through a friend who is a private contractor that runs a truck for the state. They called for the loader so I went as the operator. Spent three days running it. I had a few videos that the snow covered the lense quickly. Snow slowed down enough to keep it off the lense of the camera.

6. 04f250fisher

7. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

8. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

brings back great memories of that night haha

9. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

That was a good night...and day! Where are you on LI?

10. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

This one shows just how slow each job went. Plow, plow, plow for 15 minutes and you can just begin to see a good size clearing in the middle of a lot that is usually done 5 minutes ago. And you still have the monster piles to push back or move the next day...

11. 04f250fisher

No matter how much i tried to keep up it built up so quickly that it was impossible. The best thing i did was buy a set of chains for 150bucks. I never got stuck the whole storm. Probably wont use them again for awhile but im glad I had them

12. Top Dog

Top Dog Member

CT Blowers

we ran 2 blowers on 95 and 1 on 91 it was a long week but worth it here are a couple pics we have a ton of video but cant figure out how to post that I have to say everyone up there was awesome to deal with even the local snow guys were welcoming and we were very impressed how well the private parking lots looked compared to the roads

few videos on twitter @topdogservice toddblower.jpg

todd blower2.jpg

toddblower.jpg

todd blower2.jpg

13. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I saw a blower working rt 8 the same as ours. I just stopped and watched how much snow it could move. That unit said city of buffalo.I also saw 2cat 928 loaders with blowers from upstate NY blowing back RT 1 in orange ct. It was interesting to see how unprepeared we are to handle 4' snowfalls I heard one DPW director is going to loss his job over his crews handling or lack of during the storm. Three days after the storm he had not plowed 50 percent of his roads and the other half were maybe one lane at best. In a small town with open roads and no cars parked along them!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  14. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

Heres a few photos I took

photo (5).JPG

15. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

A few more shots....

photo (4).JPG

photo (6).JPG

photo (7).JPG

16. fireside

fireside Senior Member

You weren't involved in the broken houses windows.collapsed sheds and pool damage from blowing snow over the sound barrier were you? As the story goes someone did extensive damage to homes blowing snow over a sound barrier.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  17. Top Dog

Top Dog Member

No but we heard about that. Ouch I heard it was local airport blower

18. fireside

fireside Senior Member

Glad to hear that. There was no mention of what blower did it. The cost of damage is over 150k plus and is expected to be way over that.

19. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

20. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Any video Matt? Nice shots...