1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

more clearance

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by eastern, Aug 26, 2010.

1. eastern

eastern Junior Member

New to the site and have a question on getting more height when my plow is on. I have a 3500 daully whith a utility body on. My plow is a fisher V stainless( I know it is heavy) I have the tor. bar turned all the way up.Is there air bags or heaver tor. bar I can install? Snow is right around the corner.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

put some ballast in the back of the bed up against the tailgate. 1000lbs helps take the strain off the front end.

3. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

timberens, firestone air over shocks but like burkarts said, ballast works best

4. eastern

eastern Junior Member

I don't think I want to add any more weight to the rear. I already have bags in the rear to keep me off the helpers. I will look into the air over shocks , any recomendations where to get them?

5. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Not quite sure just somewhere online i suppose

6. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

My buddy runs a fleet of plow trucks and all run airbags. He swears by them. I've helped him out when i've been slow or caught up. Gives quite a stiff ride but are great for leveling out a truck, not to mention you can customize on the go the pressue in both front and rear.

7. eastern

eastern Junior Member

I have the air bags in the rear but how do you put them in the front with independant front susp.?