1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More anle problems

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by EricW, Jan 4, 2008.

1. EricW

EricW Junior Member

Ok, I've read all the threads I can find on Meyers that only turn left. My problem seems similar but different at the same time.

I just replaced both B and C solenoid assemblies and replaced the fluid. My plow will turn left no problem but I have to "convince" it to turn right by playing with the joystick a bit. It also doesn't hold the right angle very well and has a tendency to drift left.

I'm pretty much stumped, any ideas?

2. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

bad coupler or bad valve in valve body solenoid is only the electrical part of it the valve is inside good luck

3. sefh

sefh Senior Member

How old is the joystick? It sounds like it might be that. If the plow didn't move I would say it was a coupler but sounds like it does if you move the joystick just right.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Check the coil on the C valve for magnetism when it wont angle to the right.. if it has it, then you probably have a bad quick coupler.

Or the pivot bolt/hole is worn on the A-frame allowing it to travel over center, which will allow it to get stuck at full angle.

If it doesn't have it, check all the connections from the controller to the C coil..and if it all looks good, I'd say the contact in the joystick is the problem.

5. EricW

EricW Junior Member

I think I'll check the joystick and work my way from there. The coils should all be good unless they shipped me a deffective one. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it works out.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Eric, your just checking the coil to see if it's getting the power from the joy stick when it should...not to see if the coil itself is good..but it doesn't hurt either way.:)

7. PetesYC

PetesYC Junior Member

Go to your local auto parts store and buy a new coupling. they are like $12 and it might be an easy fix. Had a diamond/meyers that wouldnt angle left, or would go slow, or would bounce to the left. I replaced the coupler and it was fine. Brothers truck was stuck right, he replaced the coupling and it fixed it. worth it for $12 and 10 mins labor.

8. EricW

EricW Junior Member

I cleaned up the contacts on the joystick and it works (mostly) like a charm now. While it's a vast improvement it does still bounce left before going right.

I'm a carpenter most of the time and a mechanic when I have to be, so I don't know what a coupling is. What is it?

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's goes left before it goes right, then it's still not opening the C valve as soon as the pump begins to run. Might want to replace the joy stick.

A "coupler" is the hydraulic "quick couplers" that you connect and disconnect in the angle cylinder hose when installing or removing the plow blade. They can go bad internallly and cause the blade not to angle.
    This isn't a quick coupler problem.

10. EricW

EricW Junior Member

Awesome, thanks for the help guys.