1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

More AG Machines...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Tractor Plower, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

This machine, although not in it's winter apparel, has done city streets for years. The city loves the articulated machines because they can get extremely close to curbs. It will not be plowing this year, as we are using newer machines; MF 3680 and 8245. This may end up with a monster pusher for parking lots next year...we'll see. It's powered by a 903 Cummins with aftermarket turbo...can't give specs, but i know it's huge.
    I'll post pics of the other machines as soon as the blades are mounted early November.

-Miketymusic

Sorry guys, having to resize pics....

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  2. Tractor Plower

I think it works now...

30-10-07_1344 2.JPG

30-10-07_1346 2.JPG

30-10-07_1347 2.JPG

30-10-07_1349 2.JPG

3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

You have got to love those big farm tractors!!!

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good, where's the combine? We have the same 600bu grain buggy but mines red, we should trade, I like green better. LOL We were at a sale in Burlington (Norm Beggar) and he had a 4880 that he totally redid, interior,paint,glassand rubber. It looked like brand new. I like the style of the 4800 Massey's

5. Tractor Plower

Thanks guys! Dave, the combine had just left! i was letting the machine cool down and remembered your request for pics, so i broke out the camera phone. The combine is a MF 8570. Great machine, has almost 4000 hours on it and it's quite reliable. It will be getting replaced next year. I almost went to that sale you are talking about! the 4880 looked pretty good from pics, although i think the duals were different sizes. We've got a 4880 with duals as well, with 3pt. but no PTO. The only work that the 4800 has had done in 28 years and 9000 hours was the PTO clutch last year, siezed due to lack of use. (still original main clutch) The big Massey's are great, except for 10 gal./hr fuel consumption! haha. Next time we're in corn i'll get more pics.
    -Miketymusic

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The 4880 had 30.5's on the inside and 20.8's on the outside, even the tires looked brand new. The 903 cummins is a great motor, we had 2 - 900 Versatile's and 2 -935 Versatiles with 903 cummins in them and we had really good luck with them. Do you work for Fidel Farms in the winter?

7. Tractor Plower

Yeikes! 30.5 radials are damn near $6000.00 a piece! The Cummins is amazing, seems to have the same lugging power at 500RPM as it does at 2200RPM! keep in mind, it is over 14L displacement! The 4800 pictured is gonna have an engine swap sometime soon...hopefully a Cat reman or a truck engine from a wreck. Only reason for the swap is better fuel effeciency. it still uses 6-7 gal/hr with a 12' blade on city streets! And no, i dont work for Fidel, i work for Waycroft Farms in Ancaster. fantastic to work for, they really treat me well.
    Also, that grain buggy is only 400 bushel with aftermarket sides, i'd love the 600 model as it has a 4' longer body.
    Miketymusic

8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

the tractor may not be green but atleast your buying luck now....no j/k looks good lets see the newer ones that are plowing this year

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry, It looks the same as our 600. Ours has sides making it 800 bu. I thought maybe just for the winter you worked for Fidel. They have a lot of tractors plowing in Burlington.

10. Tractor Plower

Thanks DBL. I'd love to see a Deere that has been as reliable as this! haha. anyways the plows will be mounted for Nov. 5. city contract starts then. The 8245 is still being outfitted with the subframe at the dealer. Since we're still harvesting like crazy we don't have time to work on it ourselves. more pics are to come!
    -Mike

11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks good Mike!

12. Tractor Plower

This is one of the city machines. Massey Ferguson 3680. It has a 12' custom blade. Pics of the 8245 are to come, it's still being upfitted for teh season!
    -Mike

3680 Massey.JPG