1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mopar universals now greaseable???

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DAFFMOBILEWASH, Nov 17, 2010.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

A friend of mine ordered some factory universals for a 05 2500 Dodge a few days back. They came with zirks for a grease gun... I have noticed the aftermarket ones seem to fit a little snug and with tollerances which are out of wack, these installed perfectly.

Who knows Dodge might be on the right track for a change. One thing that is for sure the greasable one will last much longer than the old pre greased style for plowing!!!
  2. AKult

AKult Junior Member

Lets hope

I agree! I hate dealing with non-greasable parts, especially u-joints. With the possible temperatures parts are reaching, who knows why they don't come with zerks from the factory.
  3. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

I replace a set of front u joints every year and I went to the "Extreme Duty" grease-ables and it just doesnt matter still go through a set a year!
  4. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

What brand?? That ain't right. get some Napa Premium U-joints.
  5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Get some Spicer Triple Sealed greasable units and you'll get a few years out of them. They are made for offroading/mud/water and will resist water entry better than the rest (hence the triple seal). Best you can get and they are about $40 each. Not bad if you ask me.
  6. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

Those are mopar Value line U-Joints. The factory joints are still not greasable and twice the price of Value Line joints