1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moose V-Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 4x4Farmer, Dec 31, 2013.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Anyone have a moose v-plow on their UTV? I realize this might get moved to the atv or utv section but that not really what im looking to discuss. I want to mount a V-Plow on my F-935 JD Front mount mower. Just thought Id get more people to see it here. I know everyone is going to say the boss is the best v-plow for a utv...and I will agree with this..but I need something light for the front of this machine. 72" is a little wider then I would like and was thinking I could maybe cut it down a bit. Here is a link to the plow. Just wondering if anyone on here has one.
    http://www.mooseutilities.com/products/?productId=121155&productGroupId=44033

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I looked at one when I started doing the sidewalks for my city. The plow just isn't built tough enough to handle the abuse of commercial plowing IMO. I could see it getting folded up quickly and there goes $2k down the drain.

3. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Yeah I was hoping there was someone around town that had one that I could look at but all the Honda shops were closed yesterday and today. Is that a Deere blade on your rig Roy?

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, it's a 54" Deere blade with 6" extensions welded to each side so it's 66" wide. I also added a third trip spring and I increased the size of the pivot bolt so it can withstand the stress a little better (I was breaking one every season).

5. Kris1646

Kris1646 Junior Member

These plows are garbage. Electrical, springs and the plow wings were problems for me on about 8 snow falls. I stopped using it. This plow was not made by moose and they have since removed there name from it.

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

A friend has one and doesn't clean like the dealer said and showed him with a video. Not built to strong He use it at a complex when the walks are drifted in and its only 2 yrs old and the wings are twisted from busting drifts and that's all he use it for is drifts rest of the time he running his zero turn mower with a plow. He said he was glad he didn't buy it. The owner of the complex bought it