1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

moose plow

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by ROAD-SNAKES, Nov 1, 2011.

ROAD-SNAKES Member

Just bought a 2012 Honda Foreman ES 500 with plow and salt spreader, ( High Country 54") is this a good plow or should i buy a moose plow ?
  2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

you have a link or a pic of your plow setup?

never heard of High Country?
    I won't bash a product I haven't looked at or know anything about.

what type of shape is it in? has the plow been used at all?
  3. ygim

ygim Member

Never heard of high country, I have a moose on my brute force works great. good luck

ROAD-SNAKES Member

I'm going with the Moose 60'' Straight Manual lift. anybody use electric salt spreaders on there ATV ?
  5. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

You should look into getting a winch to lift that imo. Your going to get sick of it real quick.

ROAD-SNAKES Member

Thanks for the info, what type would you suggest ?
  7. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

for a Winch My Warn has never let me down yet.

you due pay for the name though.
  8. My07Brute

My07Brute Senior Member

Neither has my VIPER winch, and the customer service is top notch to boot (And a good bit cheaper than a Warn).

I recommend a 3000lb Viper Max. with steel cable, then swap out the steel cable for a good strap to lift the plow (I use a Tusk ATV tow strap from Rocky Mountain ATV, $10)
  9. hghgrad

hghgrad Member
    from MI

Does the plow work? I wouldn't spend money if I already had something that worked.

I would however buy a winch. Manual lifts are faster, but they wear you down on big storms.
  10. jim331656

jim331656 Member
    from NJ

+1 on the Warn. I have mine underwater all the time, buried in mud, never cleaned and it performs flawlessly. A little tight installing it but I love it.

ROAD-SNAKES Member

Brand new.