1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moose plow flap

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by jmbones, Jan 26, 2011.

1. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

I bought the Moose 60" rubber plow flap a few weeks ago and installed it. I was not happy with the fluffy snow that still blew over the top of the plow. I remember when I use to plow snow for the township back in the day that we also had rubber flaps, but they were mounted to angle iron that was bolted to the plow. I did the same with this flap except I used some aluminum angle. Now the flap basically hangs straight down and hopefully blocks most of the flying snow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I like that idea. There's one thing I'd change. Flip the angle iron (I know it's aluminum) so it's facing up, then flip the flap (LOL) so it facing down again.

3. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

I plowed the recent 4-5" we had and I like how it performs. No issues with the snow coming up over the plow and in my face at high speeds.

4. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

how is it with stacking?

i would like to do that but then put my company name on the flap :nod:

5. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

I was able to stack as normal with this, it did not really hinder it in anyway that I can see. I can take some pics of my piles when I get home.