1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moose Hunting Pictures

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mercer_me, Oct 19, 2011.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

We got a moose last Monday evening. It's a 743lb 47.5" bull. We got it about 500 yards out in a clear cut. My Dad called it in which was really cool. It was about 100 yards away when we shot it. Then it walked a little ways and we shot it again. Then it went in the woods about 100' and died. We had a bit of a time getting it out. We put tied the head to the back rack of my 4-wheeler and then we hooked my 4-wheeler to my buddy's Yamaha Rhino and we gave her hell. We had to keep stopping and cutting stumps and logs but, we got it out easier than I expected. The other people we was hunting with also had a permit and the 11 year old boy got a 36" about an hour before I got mine. It was a great hunt.

Tucker's Moose and the crew. (Minus my Dad) (Just a fun fact, everybody in this picture plows roads except Tucker and myself. But, I'm planing on plowing roads to in the future.)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Wow, a guy with Maine plates that actually lives in Maine!
    Nice kill.

Glad to see you didn't have any moose knuckle pixs!
  3. mercer_me

HAHA Ya

Thanks and what do you mean by knuckle pixs?
  4. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Veyr nice, wish I lived farther north. A moose in our area is a sick one.. Have heard a few up at the hunting cabin tho. Looks like a great time!
  5. Kwing1120

Kwing1120 Member

6. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice and congrats.

Question for you, I'm assuming English is taught as a second language in Maine. So, did you both shoot the moose? You state "we shot it" but then state it is your moose.

Also is "put tied" a new kind of knot?

One last question, "we was hunting" is that along the lines of "the other people we were hunting with"? I realize they're\there\their both past tense of the same verb, but just curious.

PS Not a single "wicked" in the entire post. :drinkup:
  7. mercer_me

In Maine two people are on the tag, the person who has the tag and the sub-permittee. My Dad had the tag and I was the sub-permittee but, he let me shoot first and I put the final kill shot in it so we (my Dad and I) call it my moose. We stayed in the same camp as our friend and his son who also had a moose permit. Oh ya, we had a WICKED good time.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I know nothin about hunting moose but that thing looks big!

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

It's funny but my town really slows down this week
    Everyone goes hunting. I have no interest in it
  10. mercer_me

It's big but, it's not huge. I'm extremely happy with it.

I think moose are the funnest animal to hunt, hands down.
  11. wng-2

wng-2 Member

Nice work! What area were you hunting? I live in Berwick, about as far south as you can go in the state. I had this bull in my driveway last April, not an everyday occurance.....

12. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Very nice Thumbs Up
  13. mercer_me

I had Zone 7 and I hunted in the Rangley area. I live in Mercer (between Skowheagan and Farmington) and there is quite a few moose in my area. My Dad goes behind my house during the rut and calls them right to him.