1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moog VS. Mevotech VS. AC Delco?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by buckhigh, Dec 20, 2011.

1. buckhigh

buckhigh Senior Member

Hey guys, looking to rebuild my front suspension on my 2002 2500hd. My upper control arm bushings are shot at 110,000 miles. I plan on using MOOG for most of my suspension parts aka tie rods, pitman arm, idler arm...but my biggest concern is the upper control arms and bushings. Does anyone have any experience with the above brands? The AC Delco control arms are very attractive pricewise since they come with ball joints and bushings. The same as Mevotech. The Moog ones only come with ball joints, no bushings. Any suggestions? Money is not a matter, looking more for OEM direct fit and QUALITY! Thanks guys for any input....

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

get the ones with the ball joints and bushings already installed that would be the most important thing. Me personally, I like rebestos. they have a really nice web parts search. but thats just me. My parts supplier used to ued moog, but now they switched. sometimes its nice to look up my parts before I order them. I guess its just what you perfer, and which parts supplier you like the best and who you would rather give your money to.

3. buckhigh

buckhigh Senior Member

Thank you for your response dieselss. Only AC Delco and Mevotech control arms come pre- installed with both the ball joint and control arm bushings. Moog control arms only come with the ball joint, and bushings are extra and sold as a seperate line item. I guess if I had to choose between Mevotech and Ac Delco, it's a no brainer for me. AC Delco...

4. dieselss

well then,,,,that wasnt so hard now was it??? lol just outta wonder, did you look into rebestos?

5. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Moog

IMO I would go all MOOG, I have had on my trucks for years and they hold up to plowing abuse...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  6. buckhigh

buckhigh Senior Member

Not at all, but I didn't realize the importance of buying the control arm pre-installed with the ball joint and bushing. Out of curiosity, what's really the big difference between installing the bushing myself or it already coming installed from the factory? More probability of human error on my part?

7. dieselss

New, there easy to install. But if it was me, I would not want to do it unless I was using urathane(sp) bushings. Just one less item to do yourself. Make it as easy on yourself as possible.