1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moody Service Manger

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 15bossplows, Dec 8, 2010.

1. 15bossplows

15bossplows Junior Member
    from I know

Hello I am new to this site, But I am not new to the boss plow. I have been running the for the last 10 years (switched from fisher). I now have 15 Boss snow plows and as always I am happy, but once in a while of course you are going to have problems. This year we had some. I always tell my techs just call boss they are great they always get me up and running. Well do not call the service manger he sent my techs running in circles I spent so much money on lift rams valves and so on. I got upset and called myself and the one tech said oh here is service bulletin 69. He was so kind and nice to me (this is why we buy boss plows). When I got a hold of the service manger at boss he was so rude to me (made me feel like he didn't have time for me). He is the same guy that sent my guys running around and spending money! Does he even know what he is talking about? I called again and I got the manager with a deep voice he answered the phone (this is how I know him now) Again he was rude! I hung up the phone and went to my dealer and asked him about him. He told me that he sometimes is moody and only likes to talk to him if it is a big warranty problem. He said all the other techs are great and helpfull. So do I just hang up on him and hope I get one of the other techs (that are nice and helpful) Why would Boss have someone so moody? Does any one have their direct phone lines? I really do not what to talk to a moody service manager!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

When you say 'Boss' do you mean Boss itself or your dealer's service manager?

3. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

By the sounds of his post it is BOSS directly he was having issues with and when he talked to his local service rep they also mention not to get the angry service tech at BOSS unless its a huge warranty deal..

I personally have never had to call BOSS techs as my local dealer is top notch and usually always spot on with issues that may arise.