1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Montreal snow clearing montage

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by pmorrissette, Dec 1, 2009.

1. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I will admit that you guys sure know snow. Its amazing how quickly and efficiently sh!t gets done out there.

3. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Eh, Johnny them Montreal'ers dey sure know der stuff Eh! tymusic

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Damn that was slick. It couldn't be anymore efficient other then all the trucks waiting.

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

It would have been faster with a bucket.

6. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I was going to mention that but figured someone else would.

7. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

:laughing:

I have to give credit to the contractor that I sometimes I work removal with in Ottawa. Laurent Leblanc. They use a big heavy dozewr blade (for a loader) on a Cat 950 with a crazy operator. He pushes like hell and the blade never trips from ice etc. He gets it onto the street with a sidewalk plow trailing getting any small stuff (almost never needed because John is pretty good in the loader) Another Cat 950 with a blower comes by and loads the trucks. Then two backhoes come by and another sidewalk plow. All are cleaning up after the first blower. The first how cuts the curb then the sidewalk plow runs the sidewalk pushing anything that came up back down and the second hoe windrows everything up. Finally another blower on a big Case tractor comes by for a second pass. Never look back. Never back up. Never turn around. tymusic

8. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

See, in Winnipeg we just did it similar but with less equipment and the blower crew went around the block and started again, lol. Honestly it has been so many years I forgot that little dance they did. Our windrows were bigger because the city only wanted to do a cleanup for Christmas and hopefully leave it pile on the boulevards for the rest of the season. District 1 we always seemed to be paired with an old Sicard blower that could load us ridiculously fast.

9. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Ya a lot of the other contractors and the city's own crews do 2 passes. I think Leblanc is the only one who does not. There is a guy on PS from Ottawa that does 2 removal beats in Ottawa (mind you I don't know if he got the same ones again). He uses graders in his line up. Also does a pretty good job. I think there is really only one company here that doesn't do the greatest job.

City is now using Larue D60 blowers here in Ottawa.

10. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Really? and you can get just as much in? I would have thought blown snow is more compact then snow just bucketed in.

11. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

Winnipeg always had graders on it. That was why I bought the 740 Champion, then found muuuuch more rate in ripping ice on the feeder routes. Only one season then I switched trucking jobs and it kept me occupied all year.

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Crete is being sarcastic and it's kind of an inside joke from one of Neige's video's he posted.:drinkup:

13. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Nhoo! :eek: It can't be......

Pomerleau? LOL
    :laughing:

14. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

15. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

very organized.