1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

monthly pricing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by raish2005, Jan 10, 2015.

1. raish2005

raish2005 Junior Member

i got a call for an account that wants a monthly price on plowing and salting never priced anything this way being all of ours are per push so i was wondering do you try to figure how many times a month you might go you and plow and salt and thats the monthly price you give them. so for an example if i feel the lot is 65 to plow and 95 to salt thats 160 so im figuring ill be there 8 times in a month so do i give them a monthly price of $1280.

2. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds to me like you are trying to set up a customer on a "seasonal contract." Do a search, there are a ton of threads about pricing this way. I don't do seasonal, however, in a nutshell, I believe they figure up seasonal snowfall amounts and number of serviceable events (either plowable or number of treatments) and then figure how much for the season. Take that figure, divide by 12 and that is their monthly price for that account. I think they use about a 5 year average on storm amounts to come up with the yearly amount and figure off of that. Some also do seasonal with a cap to protect against crazy storms like what NY had at the start of the season this year. Good luck.

3. raish2005

raish2005 Junior Member

they do no want seasonal they only want it from nov to march then i have to do one for landscaping april to oct

4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Come up with a number for the whole season that you're comfortable with and divide it by the number of snow service months. Equal payment, instalment invoice goes out at the beginning of each month due on the 15th.
    I love customers that ask for payment terms...

5. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Ok, so they want seasonal price, only billed out over the winter months instead of over all 12. Same method to figure. Get seasonal snowfall average, and divide by 6 (Oct - March) or 5 if your season is Nov - March. Same thing, just higher monthly payment spread out over fewer months.

6. raish2005

raish2005 Junior Member

they only want it for 5 months. so basically just take a wild guess at what the total would be for them 5 month then divide it

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Seasonal snowplowing is usually from Nov-Apr. But your late in the season,so your putting more rick on yourself with a short seasonal,because if it snows alot you will lose out, Those full season snow contracts give you Nov early Dec to make some money if it don't snow. So you might need to bump up the price a little or keep it per push but give him the contract for next season to sign now.

And Mr M. is right,

8. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Or give them a price with limits on service cap amount of pushes and salting if they go over x amount of plows or amount of salt it's extra