1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Montana Tractors

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brad3403, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

Has anyone had any experience using a Montana Tractor? Their 88 hp machine with a Protech I think would do well.

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

hey brad, if you go to the heavy equipment forum there is a thread started on korean tractors (montana tractors)

3. buckwheat_la

say you still looking for line painting?

4. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

I may have it taken care of. How did you're set-up work???

5. buckwheat_la

decent, we ended up with a couple home depots, and some other work, if i get any more i am going to buy a pre done set up

6. buckwheat_la

hey brad, was talking to a dealer today about the montana tractors, turns out that the branch that builds montana is LG (lifes good) makers of TV's and electronics. Also turns out they have a parts distributer in Red Deer, and a North American head office in Indiana, these might be alright

7. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Yeah I was going to say they are LG. I think what I heard two years back is you (dealership i mean) patent a tractor name and paint colour and sell the LG tractors under your invented name (i.e. montana). so I think there may be a few other "brands" of the same LG tractors our there. Don't quote this information as being 100% fact though. That system may also be the way of selling a Chinese? Japanese? tractor as a North American one? I don't know...

8. terracon

terracon Junior Member

LG = Lucky Goldstar . Nice try with the Life's Good.

9. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

The tractors are made in South Korea, which is far better than the Chinese stuff. My understanding is that they ARE made by LG (Life's Good). I get delivery of my first one today.

10. buckwheat_la

hey brad, where did you buy it, and what did you pay? Thinking of a couple of these myself