1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Montana snow................

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by mjstef, Nov 18, 2011.

1. mjstef

mjstef Senior Member

Got a bit of snow in the mountains the last few days. One of my regulars called me and said he was kinda snowed in so i went for a drive. He has over a mile of drive to plow. Starts at the bottom and climbs 3-7% to his property at the top. About 800' elevation change if i remember correctly. I always have to VEE on the way in or i can't push it up the hill without chaining up and i HATE chaining up!

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Nice action pics! That snow looks dry and fluffy.
  3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Looks like you lucked out, the ground had a chance to freeze for you.The drive appears it could be a real ball buster if it wasn't.
  4. mjstef

mjstef Senior Member

I wouldn't want anything but a trip edge on it. A full trip plow like a Boss WOULD be a ball buster for sure. There are some pretty big boulders sticking up a few inches but i don't even feel them......
  5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I can defiantly see the advantage a trip edge would have, I have only a couple dirt drives and early in the year or in the spring the full trip blows but it is what it is and I deal with it.

Looks you should be getting more snow over the weekend, we may or may not depending on who's lie you choose listen to.

BTW I agree chaining up does sucks and that's why I drive Fords.......... :laughing::laughing:
  6. tbone3

tbone3 Member

Bada$$ truck man! Way to go Ford n' a Fisher!