1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Monster Storm in the making for North East

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bolts Indus., Jan 13, 2005.

1. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

A huge moisture system is moving north while a huge cold front is moving down from the north. Should collide on Sat. or Sun. Hang on Harvey. :yow!: :drinkup:
  2. Wolfies L&L

Wolfies L&L Member

I hope we get some, with it being 60 degrees here today, I'm ready for some white stuff! We have the moisture (rain) but not cold enough for it to freeze.

3. Bolts Indus.

In this case be careful what you wish for. This has the potential to be something we will regret later. It is doing serious damage in the south. Hang on Harvey.

PLANET Member

Lets hope so guys
  5. jimsmowin

jimsmowin Senior Member

no snow here untill next weekend MAYBE
  6. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

wasnt there supposed to be like 3 storms converging as one last weekend?

what ever happened to that? everyone local was talking about it like it was going to be the perfect storm, record ice storms, etc..

then it was 50 degrees and sunny out
  7. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

And where did you hear this? I WANT MORE SNOW!
  8. rclay11541

rclay11541 Member

This freaking SUCKS! Everytime its going to snow it turns to rain about 15 Miles north of me!!! I got a total of 1 inch about two weeks ago. Thats if for the whole season so far.

If it dosen't snow soon im going to write that fat weather guy a really curt letter!

JPMAKO Senior Member

Accuweather has the 15 day forecast and it looks like snow for us Rockland/Bergen residents next Saturday...
    Lets hope so!
  10. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

all the forecasts i have seen.... looks like a good 10 days before any chance of real snow,but it will finally be coldddd :rolleyes:
  11. PLANET

PLANET Member

Well I could use more snow for sure. Bring it! :waving:
  12. Tim1075

Tim1075 Senior Member

Lets hope for the best here in Jersey
  13. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

Well, here in Jersey we got rain mixed with snow again. But I know there will bo nothing to plow. So I don't even care annymore. This seaso :realmad: :angry: n is
  14. LHlandscaping

LHlandscaping Junior Member

PA has been VERY dry this season. ALthough, the farmers almanac calls for record February-April snow falls. I need another business and any suggestions are welcome. Even Hawaii has snow!! This winter really has opened my eyes to how dependant I am on the weather. I promised myself that this will be my last winter playing this redundant game.
  15. Bolts Indus.

Well my prediction is supposed to come true for Sunday night. Only thing is, the collision is happening a little farther north than most of you guys would like. We are going to get it head on. 12 plus inches.:redbounce purplebou
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  16. Bolts Indus.

What are the predictions for New England?

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Newfoundland's gettin' it hard!

I think you're right Bolts! I just checked theweathernetwork.com and it calls for 30 cm tonite and 15 cm more tomorrow. Gonna be a busy day tomorrow!
  18. S-10 Plower

S-10 Plower Senior Member

Do you guy think the Detroit, MI area will see any of that storm?
    have fun plow safe.

19. Bolts Indus.

update for here now is for 14 plus inches and 60 mile an hour winds. Hang on Harvey.
  20. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

Hi Bolts, It is snowing already down here in the border of Massachusetts with New Hampshire.