1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Monroe vbox. Gas motor won't shut off

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by simply_peter, Dec 6, 2014.

1. simply_peter

simply_peter Junior Member
    from Iowa

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a Monroe spreader? Or know which wires are on-off?

I have 3 wires that are not connected to anything. A white from the motor which is paired with a red. I think the red is battery charge and the white is for a light. The white is not connected.

There is a brown wire and white wire that come out of the harness. These were taped up and not connected. Not sure if it's one of these or if my switch is bad.

I haven't opened the control yet to make sure the switch is working but I will probably check that next and see if I can contact Monroe for more info on Monday.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
  2. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

On smaller motors, the shut off typically grounds out the coil. Look for a small wire coming off the ignition coil, thats what needs to go to ground. Cuts out spark and shuts it down
  3. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

I have the same issue on my meyer spreader with a Briggs motor, the brown wire on mine is for the kill switch bit I think the wire from the coil on mine may be broken. Gotta make sure your switch is grounded on one end and the ground from the coil is connected to the other pole