1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Monroe V Box

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by GreenAcresFert, Oct 3, 2007.

1. GreenAcresFert

GreenAcresFert Senior Member

Wondering if anybody has ever used them or heard anything about them. I'm having a hard time finding any info other then there site, and it looks that they are into bigger equipment, this was the smallest salter they have. It is a 8 ft. with a briggs (which i'm not to fond of). It is brand new never been used once. My buddy got it on a business deal and he is willing to sell and install for 3,000. DEAL OR NO DEAL. Let me know what you think. Thanks
  2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

If it helps, they are or used to be the exact same box as a Boss. They manufactured them for Boss.
  3. GreenAcresFert

4. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Call Monroe and talk to snow and ice parts...608.328.8127. They can help you for parts readily available. Maybe get you a parts diagram. As far as the $$$, buy it. All of our municipal trucks are upfitted by Monroe and we have had good luck. They do our plows, wing plows, tailgate salt spreaders, and liquid tank set-ups.
  5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

We had 2 Monroe salters. One was a 10' and the other an 8'. My partner took the 10' when we split. He made it much larger and then converted it to hydraulic.

I bought the 8' brand new. Had troubles with the engine from day 1. Dealer was no help at all. Finally early in the 2nd year we blew up the engine. Bought a brand new 12hp and had no engine problems after that.

At the rear of the salter where the gear box is with the sprocket for the spinner drive and the clutch and the pully for the engine belt. Over the first 2 years that shaft bent. I emailed Monroe about that problem and the engine problems I had. They phoned me and said they had gotten rid of that dealer. They made arrangements for me to go to another dealer and pick up a new gear box with the shaft for the drag chain and the vertical shaft for the clutch and sprocket and pully. NO CHARGE. I was impressed.
  6. GreenAcresFert

Do you know how it weighs roughly,.... I have a 3/4 ton and wondering if I might have to add a spring on to the leafs. Thanks. Bryan
  7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We had a 8 ft in the back of a 98 GMC 3/4 Ton and it handled it fine. We didn't put boards or anything on it because we felt the truck was at it's max. Had really good luck with the Monroe, wish it had a Honda instead of the Briggs but everything worked fine.
  8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I am going to guess 800 lbs.
  9. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Monroe makes nice equipment. And they have pretty good customer support.