1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Monroe TailGate Salt Spreader w/ Spinner

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by franchise, Feb 22, 2012.

1. franchise

franchise Junior Member

2. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

That's sweet, I'll be definitively subscribing to this thread. If it doesn't sell in a couple of months I might be able to take it off your hands.

What's the width of the upper mounting holes, and also the distance of the pins up and down?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  3. franchise

franchise Junior Member

Its a good setup, works well

4. White Gardens

Just need to make sure it would fit my tailgate.

5. franchise

franchise Junior Member

Width: 89"
    Height: 30"

6. White Gardens

Thanks, I'll measure mine up and see if it's close, I can have it partially modified if need be.

7. franchise

franchise Junior Member

The L brackets on the top can easily be modified to fit the height of any application.

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

That is sweet. I've never seen a full replacement gate like that. Free bump for ya.

9. White Gardens

That's what I'm thinking. There is a big section of sheet metal at the top, and it can be cut off. From what I've seen, most of the units are really all the same with different height/width modifications.

My under-tailgate works pretty good, but would like to try a replacement tailgate. The only real pit-fall I see is the lack of using my bed for other material in the winter. Right now I can drop my tail-gate over my spreader.

10. franchise

franchise Junior Member

If you take the spinner off, you could still open this like any other tailgate, as long as there is clearance for the hydro lines. When unloading access salt at the end of the event you could just release the locking pins and dump the salt out.

11. franchise

franchise Junior Member

Bump too the top