1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

monroe spreader spinner shaft bent

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by vtplower, Feb 18, 2005.

1. vtplower

vtplower Junior Member

Does anyone out there have a solution for straightening a bent spinner shaft. Failing that anyone have access to ready source or a used 24" shaft for a Monroe pickup vbox spreader. I have only one source for monroe parts and can't find another.
  2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

If you have a Boss dealer, try them. Monroe makes the spreaders for Boss and paints them red.
  3. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

I live about an hour from Monroe, WI where they make the stuff. I think they have a shop right here in town? I don't know if I can, but I can try to help if I can.

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

many of these shafts are just steel rod w/ a keyway cut in them......you buy a piece and cut to desired length

most hardware stores would be a starting point
  5. Kaptain_Kurt

Kaptain_Kurt Member
    from Iowa

One truck shop I use just cuts the shaft above the gearbox and collars on a new top section of shaft with the clutch at the top.
  6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have the same spreader and we bend that shaft also. It is not the spinner shaft though. When we put the new one on we made the shaft long enough to go up through the metal frame above and put a pillow block on there to give it more support.

BCLARK Member

I just bought a shaft for for my Monroe spreader from Central Parts. It was only $19.00 plus shipping!